Sustainable production and trade through adoption of organic practices and fair trade for sustained well-being of farmers.
Improved socio-economic condition of the small farmers through environment friendly organic production practices and institutionalized collection, processing and marketing by producers’ cooperatives with emphasis on development of fair-trade coffee value chain.
- Support to increase the production and productivity of organic coffee in the districts suitable for growing coffee.
- Improve the quality and organic integrity of Nepali coffee
- Organizational capacity building of the coffee producers’ groups, primary cooperatives and coffee cooperative unions in the districts, Central Coffee Cooperative Union at the national level.
- Take initiative to promote fair-trade in production, processing and marketing of coffee.
- Establish marketing platform to promote Nepali coffee among coffee consumers and link cooperatives with national and international buyers/traders.
- Establish cupping lab to evaluate/study the quality of coffee produced in Nepal.
- Make available technical services/expertise to coffee stakeholders as and when demanded/needed.
- Organizational capacity building of coffee producers’ cooperatives.
- Support to increase productivity/production and quality of coffee.
- Support establishment of institutionalized collection/processing units.
- Internal control system implementation and organic certification of grower groups.
- Introduction of fair trade concept by institutionalizing collection, processing and marketing through coffee producer's cooperative.
- Training and development of local resource persons in the coffee growing districts.
- Development of training manuals as well as guidelines for organic certification and quality improvement.
- Relief support in Sindhupalchok.
- Coffee marketing platform establishment at Central level including establishment of cupping laboratory.